Monday, March 31, 2008

Oh goodness, daddy is in BIG trouble!

So, yesterday when we were all sitting around the dinner table for Sunday dinner, Hannah brought up the idea again for the millionth time that she wants a puppy just like Fritzy.(Grandma LaMont's dog ) Bart, thinking he is ready to tackle this again since he is soooooo against having pets in the house (except for fish), he brought up what he thought was a great idea that we could get some baby peasants. Hannah looked at him like he was crazy and Casey was ecstatic. Sure wasn't the reaction he expected from Hannah and I could tell he was disappointed. Tears welled up in her sweet little eyes and I knew it was going to be a very long night! Since I grew up with a dog in the house I was definitely on Hannah's side, not exactly over joyed with the thought of having a pen of pheasant chicks in the back of our house. I made a few comments to him that really it wouldn't be that bad to have a little dog in our house, since the majority of our house is hard wood and tile floors and we are home all day to take care of the puppy. But, honestly all it took was Hannah looking at him with those sad eyes that I could see he was actually considering the idea, something he has never done before. So, since he brought up the idea to Casey about the chicks...Casey is set on saving money for them(I think they cost about $3 so he already has the cash for i!). Bart told the kids that they needed to start saving all their money and helping around the house more and he would see. Instantly the kids were wanting to do chores and Hannah continued the entire night saying that she would take care of the puppy and be a big helper. Hannah called Grandma and asked her how much money Fritzy was...my house will be sparkling clean by the time she will have worked for that much!! I am sure Bart is thinking this will pass and they will forget their conversation...but...first thing this morning the kids were ready for more chores and I am running out of change! That is all they are talking about today...chicks and puppies! So, thought it would be fun to ask everyone their opinion on it...pheasant chicks or one of these cute puppies?!! Let us know!


Puppy like Fritzy

Or.....

Pheasant Chicks

Which would you rather have?

(is it really even worth asking?!)

4 comments:

Sarah Romer said...

a puppy for sure! I don't think your kids are going to forget that conversation either....poor Bart. :)

Justen said...

I don't think pheasants are very cuddly. Nor will they play fetch. Nor with they bark at intruders. Unless they're special "watch pheasants."

KB said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Anonymous said...

puppies: they need a little puppy come on bart!!!