Monday, March 3, 2008

nothing new...

Nothing new going on here at the LaMont's house. Just an ordinary day, which I am just fine with. The kids do seem to be a bit whiny today though...my guess its because they have runny noses and are just not feeling their best. Hannah didn't sleep too well last night and woke me about every other hour last night I think just to talk about puppies. Well, not true...each time I tucked her back into bed she would say, "Mommy, I have a hug and a kiss for you." Which made me not care a single bit that she kept waking me up. The first time she woke me at about 1 am to say she wanted to buy a puppy like the one we saw at the church yesterday. The 2nd time at about 3 am was to say she wanted to call somebody to tell them about the puppy we saw at the church. I told her she could call someone tomorrow about it. And then the final time around 5:30 am to tell me that we need a puppy and she would keep it in the garage in a box. Puppies are definately her life. This weekend we were in Evanston spending time with the fam and she only brought one of her puppies and it wasn't one of her favorites...so by Saturday morning she was so homesick for her yellow puppy and broke down sobbing multiple times. It wasn't a whiny cry...but a broken hearted cry that brings tears to my eyes and makes me feel like a terrible mom because I didn't pack her favorite puppies. You would think I would have already learned my lesson since this is not the first time we have gone through this...someday! But seriously its enough just to get the necessities and the kids packed up to go.

Bart has been working hard on finishing our basement and we are so excited to get that done. I know he is most excited to have his own office now so he can put things were he wants them and doesn't have to worry about me moving or throwing any of his stuff away. My worry now is that he will be so busy finishing the basement this Spring that we may have to go another summer with no grass and I am not sure I will survive! I am desparate to have my own yard for the kids to play on and run through the sprinklers on rather than our driveway that isn't forgiving when kids take a tumble! Guess we will see!

0 comments: