So, since it has been almost this long since I graduated high school and have seen many of you blogging friends(can't believe it!)...I thought I would fill you in on what has been going on with a ten year count down, here we go!
10 Years ago (1998): Campaigning for Student Body President, but lost...only to find out I was being called to be the Seminary President which I absolutely loved. I had such a great time with everyone on the council. I worked in the summer for the Jubilee Bakery...I absolutely loved this job and would come back on my college breaks and work for them. This would also be the last year of cheerleading, my greatest memories of high school were definately cheering
9 Years ago (1999): This would turn out to be one of the hardest years of my life, if not THE HARDEST! Well the first half went pretty smooth until graduation, but mid summer, my best friend in the whole world was taken to heaven...I still miss her....this made the first year of college a bit rough. I was still mourning my loss and trying to adjust to college life at Utah State...working, studying, and trying to figure out what I really wanted to be in life.
8 Years ago (2000): Hawaii trip with my best friends and cousins...Julie, Kira and Becky! We had such a great time!! This year was probably one of the most fun years I had while in college. I was roommates with my cousin Becky and absolutely loved that! I dated quite a bit... the jokes were that every guy I dated started with a "J"....they included Justin, Jared, Jake, Jake #2, Jesse (Jake #2's brother), thought brother #3 was the cutest (John, never dated him though!) I also found out (on the same day) that Justin and Jared were called to the same mission, would have their farewells the same day and be roomates in the MTC and ended up writing me letters together...how funny is that! But, the best part of this year was meeting my oh so good looking husband, Bart Jay LaMont and getting engaged to him...and yes I think it is quite funny that his middle name is "Jay" and was very good friends with brother #3...so many connections it just about drove me crazy!
7 Years ago (2001): Married Bart in the Logan Temple. What a day! I still can't find the words to describe it. We lived in an apartment with no AC and the swamp cooler didn't work. It was a very long and hot summer. I was working as a team leader for Feature Films and Bart was just starting to form Allied Construction. Money was tight and we were both trying to get through school. Bart talked me into changing my major from ElemEd to Accounting and am very happy I did..I think he was more so because his major was Finance and therefore we had many classes together(which I did most of the work for!!)
6 Years ago (2002): hmmm, more school and more work for Feature Films. Moved into an apartment that had a swamp cooler that worked but had box elder bugs EVERYWHERE!!! We got a surprise in the fall of this year that we were going to have a baby the following summer...definately not planned but we were very excited.
5 Years ago (2003): School and work, still! My sweet baby girl Hannah was born with a full head of beautiful thick RED hair! Absolutely the cutest baby I had ever seen, ans she was mine! She was born with Congenital Hypothyroidism and we had a few rough months that year, but thank goodness to prayers and modern medicine, she is a perfectly healthy 4 year old. I started working in the office for Bart after having Hannah...Moved again to a townhouse with AC and no box elder bugs.
4 Years ago (2004): Another surprise!! Found out in January we were going to have another baby in June..once again not planned! I think I knew earlier than January..but couldn't handle the news because Hannah was still a baby. Mr. Casey Jay was born in June...so only 11 1/2 months after Hannah. He was all boy from the very minute he was born and just like his dad, and still is. He is the life of our family! Somehow between all of this both Bart and I graduated from Utah State this year as well. Moved again to little old house in Providence while we started building our first home in Wellsville near Sardive Canyon. That fall I went back to Feature Films to work as their administrative manager.
3 Years ago (2005): Built our home most of the year...we moved in just before Thanksgiving. Bart did an amazing job and worked tirelessly to be sure we would get in before Christmas.
2 Years ago (2006): (probably the 2nd hardest year of my life)Bart and I were considering moving and building again further south since his company had grown and was mainly working in Brigham and Utah County. Had an ectopic pregnancy..which is a story in itself. Feature Films asked me to be over all payroll and benefits...so after 3 very long months of commuting daily from Cache Valley to Murray they let us move into a nice home in Draper, and Bart did most of the commuting which he was already used to. I hated it! Pretty much everything about it was just not working out. And I really missed my home in Wellsville.
1 Year ago (2007): I received a HUGE answer to my prayers. I was given the opportunity to work from home still doing payroll for Feature Films. So, once again...we moved, but this time for good...for a couple years atleast til Bart gets the urge to build again! Bart built the office and shop for their company in Corrine..only about 20 min from our home, so everything worked out perfectly. I had two miscarriages this year which sent me on an emotional rollar coaster, and think I am still on that ride...
Today...I am so loving being at home EVERYDAY with my two beautiful kids. They are everything to me. I am so blessed with such a great husband that is such a hard worker and so dang smart. I think he teaches me something new everyday and I seriously think he wonders how I got through school with better grades than he did. He is the one that keeps me stable and gets me through my heartache and tears. I am so longing to have another baby...and hope that time is just around the corner. I am loving my calling of being on the enrichment committee with some of my newest friends and also get to teach Primary with Bart, which we enjoy. I think I have the best of both worlds...since Bart teaches every lesson and I get to sing all the Primary songs that I love!
Thursday, March 13, 2008
My last 10 years....
Posted by The LaMont Family at 7:18 AM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
9 comments:
Hey Heather I can't say I know exactly how you feel, but I do understand, it is definatly an emotional roller coaster! And it really sucks and it's hard! But just know you guys are in my prayers and I am here if you ever need to talk!
Oh Heather! How wonderful to be filled in on life! I just adore you and always have! You are so stinkin wonderful - I hope all of the best for you - you deserve it! Take Care!
Hey! I'm glad you found our blog. It looks like you guys are doing great!
That was fun to read. I'm impressed that Bart teaches all the lessons...Brent would make me teach!
I can't believe that we have been out of school for almost 10 years. We are getting so old. It is fun to catch up and hear what has been going on in your life. Keep your head up and I wish you the best.
Heather that's an awesome post. I love catching up. I can't even remember what I did last month. You have beautiful kids by the way. I bet they just love their mommy to pieces.
Aww the good ole days. I LOVED cheering w/you. Remember whenever we went on a trip you, Melissa, and I HAD to have our chicken in a bisquit crackers w/ canned cheese. :) So funny. I loved high school. I can't believe everything that has happened in the last 10yrs. Your amazing!
Heather we will be in Evanston this weekend. Are going up for Easter? Let me know so we can get together.
Hey Heather and long time no see. The Defay's have a blog, too. Send me an email daviddefay@gmail.com and I'll invite you.
How fun to learn more about you AGAIN! You're amazing. I am so impressed at your skills as a mom/worker. I don't know that I could do it.
Good luck with the baby thing. We've had our rough moments in this department, and I must say it was two of the hardest moments in our marriage! But look, we now have 3 beautiful kids.
We hope the best for you and your cute family!
Post a Comment