Friday, October 16, 2009

For my sis

I received a message from Megs that I needed to update my blog. And she is right. Its been over a month and I honestly don't know where the time has gone...nevermind, I take that back. Its been a month full of family, homemaking, juggling kids here and there, work, and just plain fun. We have had a great fall so far although I have to admit that I already miss summer. But, fall is a great time of year. There is just something about fall that is so inviting and warm(minus the lovely box elder on my just cleaned windows) This year I was able to finally be brave enough to do some canning, or bottling as Bart would say. I bottled peaches, yummy salsa and raspberry jam. I have to admit that learning and actually doing these homemaking things is very self-fulfilling. Much more than the paid work I do at home, which causes me stress and I think is driving me to be a grouchy mom. This is one of those continous areas that I have to work on in balancing and keeping things in perspective. I find myself longing sometimes for a day when I am mom the entire day and all these other things can disappear. Isn't it always greener on the other side. Fortunately for me I have been on all sides. Staying at home with no paying job, working full time out of the home, working PT out of the home, and working a paid FT job and being mom. All are difficult and I don't seem to be content with anyone of them. So, since I have been blessed with free agency and I can choose what I want to do, I have decided I better be happy with my choice and learn to make it the best for my family. Thank goodness our kids are blessed with a very patient daddy that is patient with their mommy as well. Okay, sorry I must have alot of feelings I just needed to release and now we can move on to the fun happenings of our little family this past month.

1 comments:

Brooke said...

Heather I appreciated this post. Thanks for sharing. I find it hard too at times (ok most the time) to balance everythign and be a good mom. I'm workign outside the home two days a week and sometimes it is just plain hard. I am really working on not complaining becuase when I don't have to look hard to see Heavenly Fathers' hand and His tender mercies. Thanks for the reminder to me today...cuz today I especially needed it ;-) And your kiddos are all soooooo darling.