Monday, October 27, 2008

First Snow and Halloween Fun

So, a couple weeks ago when we had the first snow storm, the kids were immediately out the door waiting for enough snow to fall so they could build a snowman. We didn't get enough but they had a fun time running aorund in it!

Yesterday the kids were begging us to finally carve their pumpkins. They picked out their pumpkins from a pumpkin patch near their preschool over a week ago, so they had been patiently waiting to actually do something with it. Once we had the tops off we told the kids to get theirhands in and dig out the pumpkin guts. I guess I shouldn't have used those words because they were a bit grossed out by it, so of course I ended up cleaning all of them out for them. Just a tip to anyone that hasn't carved their pumkins yet...use a canning lid to get all the guts out. It was so much faster and easier than anything else.

4 comments:

Annie said...

What great looking pumpkins! I hope you are feeling great and I am excited for you to add another cute kiddo to your already ADORABLE family!

Ja and Becky said...

The pumpkins turned out great! My kids are anxious to do something with their's as well. How are you feeling? Are you going to E-town on Saturday?

The Smith's said...

Cute pumpkins! We missed you guys last night! I hope we can see you this weekend!

Anonymous said...

Love your pumpkins!!! I will see you guys in a few days!
Love ya, Grandma Jill