Saturday, January 16, 2010

Disneyland

The kids favorite part of our vacation was Disneyland. We had such a great time and I think Santa picked a great time for us to go since Bart was very reluctant to be going to Disneyland in the first place. We spent four nights there and the weather was beautiful, lines were short, and the kids were amazing. What more could you ask for? We made the mistake and took the kids on Splash Mountain very first. Why, you ask? No idea other than there was no line at all and it was the first ride we came to. The kids have never been anywhere other than a carnival so the rides they have been on previously only consisted of a little kids train, very small kids coaster and the merry go round. So just a bit of a leap from that. So, needless to say anything with the word mountain in the title made them a bit reluctant. They braved through it and went willingly on all rides they were able to go on. We had a blast with them. Hannah was my brave little girl and daddy's sidekick. She had her arms up waving on all the roller coasters and she was the one that wanted us all to go on Tower of Terror. Loved that ride! They loved finding the characters and having them autograph their book and take pictures with them. We went to Goofy's kitchen and they had a ball. Goofy, pluto, chip and dale, Princess Aurora, Minnie and Belle all came around and took pictures and played with the kids. Hannah's favorite rides were the Soarin California, Nemo, and Jellyfish rides. Casey loved Star Tours, Thunder Mountain, and the Matterhorn. My faves were Tower of Terror and Space Mountain. I was lucky to sit in just the right spot on the Grizzly River run and got soaked from head to toe. At ten that night, my jeans were still wet. To those family members going to Disneyland in the next couple months...don't be decieved by all the dry people walking off the ride. THEY WERE WEARING A PONCHO OR WERE VERY LUCKY!! I thought no way am I going to get very wet, but I did. Thankfully there were others on our raft that told us as we were already in motion, you will get wet and so will your kids...one nice man took off his poncho and gave it to Hannah and Casey...thank goodness or I am sure we would have had to go back to the hotel and dry them off. It was fun though and a great memory...especially after I am already drenched seeing this huge geyser pop up and knowing I am headed right for it. So great! Here are some fun pictures of our time together at Disneyland.





Hannah and I walked the Fantasy Faire and met all the princesses while daddy and Casey roamed around. We had to go back the next day since we missed Aeriel, Hannah's favorite. They were so sweet to the littel girls letting them meet them one on one and chatting with each of them. Hannah was lucky to walk Belle out since she was leaving the same time we were. Hannah was star struck and it was priceless.




Case was chosen to do the Jedi training as "the force was strong with him." He fought Darth Vader and did an awesome job. I loved watching his big eyes when he saw first the storm troopers and then both Darth Vader and Darth Maul appear and they were told they would all have to fight them.





It was hard to come home after such a fun week and try to get back into the swing of things, but we managed. Thanks again to my mom and dad for watching Aspen. I ask her where Grandma and Papa are and she keeps looking around expecting you to pop up any minute. She is such a fun little girl and so busy. She doesn't seem to stop giggling and dancing if there is any hint of music. She does not like me to work at my computer and insists she sits on my lap, which never works out well, since in no time she is pushing buttons and grabbing the mouse making it a bit difficult! I love her to pieces and am so happy to be back in our happy home together.

0 comments: