Sunday, April 11, 2010

Easter

This year was such a special Easter for our family and I hope I can build upon having a more spiritual Easter in years ahead. The week before seemed to be such a busy week but we tried to spend time each day talking about Jesus and his last week of life before the resurrection. The kids were so excited about all the activities we did including acting out scenes from the Bible, reading the scriptural accounts and finding the pictures that went with the stories, making Easter cookies, learning about the resurrection from the 12 Easter Eggs. My favorite part was answering all their cute questions they had and how much they truly can understand at such a young age. We loved watching conference and were blessed by the testimonies the apostles shared of our Savior. Unfortunately no pictures of any of this...but I wanted to journal about that week so we will remember it. We did get a picture today...well we tried atleast! This was taken before church(we go at 8:30 AM!!) and lets just say it was not Aspen's best day. You can tell her determination to get away from Bart in this pic and she had this same determination to be the loudest girl all through church...silly thing!

Her running away...can't you just see the look of accomplishment?


And since we have 8:30 am church, I let my kids dress themselves, hence the blue suit, pink shirt and yellow tie. Oh well, he is still the most handsome boy I know.

Hannah's only picture since her new thing is making sure that no matter what she is the first one in the car and buckled...seriously half the time she forgets her shoes, jacket, homework, I could go on and on. Love this girl. She is growing into such a beautiful girl.

0 comments: