Monday, December 7, 2009

Temple Square

Bart finally gave in to my constant hinting of going to see the lights at Temple Square yesterday. Its my most favorite thing this time of year. I have always looked forward to this tradition my parents started years ago. It was the perfect night(okay maybe a little cold for me) but the kids did not mind at all. Hannah and Casey were enjoying the snow and I thought for sure they would be freezing before we made it back to the car, but they had smiles on their faces the entire time. Aspen was a trooper and seemed to be fascinated by all the lights. I love this time of year and find so much joy in watching my children. I love that they were most excited to see the nativity and sat in awe as we walked up to the Christus statue. Casey has changed his tune while washing his hands to, "happy birthday to Aspen" to now "happy birthday to Jesus." It makes me happy to know that eventhough they are excited for Santa, they are learning why we celebrate Christmas and what a miraculous event that took place so many years ago. I have been so emotional this Christmas season and have felt so much gratitude for the blessings I have and especially for the testimony of the Plan of Happiness.






2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I am so glad you guys had a great time, I am so hoping to go there this year!!! Love you guys! Can't wait to see everyone this weekend!!
Love Mom

Michelle said...

I'm right with you Heather!! I absolutely LOVE the temple square Christmas lights!! I love making it part of the holidays. It doesn't seem the same without going.