Wednesday, August 19, 2009

Did this day really have to come?

Hannah just left for Kindergarten. I know you are all wondering why I am not with her to drop her off at her classroom and walk away very fast so she doesn't see the tears flowing down my face...that will be tomorrow I am sure. Today, the Kindergartners were able to bring one parent to school and stay the entire first day with them, and as you know Hannah loves her dad ALOT and she wanted daddy to go. I was thinking I would save my sad post tomorrow to tell how hard it was waving goodbye today and feeling a bit jealous that I was missing out on a big milestone. I could have talked her into taking me I'm sure...but this day was Hannah and Daddy's day. I love that she loves her daddy. I love that they share such a special bond and hope that never ends, because I have a great relationship with my daddy that I treasure and I want her to have that too. I am so proud that I am her mommy and that she is such a great girl. I love her to pieces and I know she will make some great friends. I pray she will have the best school year, learn a ton, love her teacher, and want to come home when the school day ends. I love you miss Hannah. You are a special girl...always remember that and how much your mommy and daddy love you.

4 comments:

Hansen Family said...

Oh my word! I don't know how you are doing it! I have tears in my eyes with you because I know I will be there in a couple of years. She looks so cute in her school uniform. I hope she has a good day. And I hope you are doing okay!!

Bursell Family said...

Okay- so I almost got tears too. She just looks so old. I love that she wanted daddy to take her to school. What a little daddy's girl. As hard as it is to be home, it's got to be worth it knowing she's having her special day with him. I hope tommorrow goes good as you drop her off. I have sure been thinking of you guys, and poor Casey. He looks so disappointed in that picture. Well, Hannah looks adorable in her new clothes. She looks like she's ready to learn!!! Such cute pictures. Good luck tomorrow!

Anonymous said...

Cute pics Heather, she does look so grown up!!! I hope you will be ok tomorrow, I remember well those feelings!! love you all!! Mom

Anonymous said...

Good luck Heatha, I know how hard it may be for a Mother to see her kids go off to school. I know Jenny had a hard time with each one when they started school, so she will have to only go through this one more time. Anyway good luck.