Tuesday, May 12, 2009

My mom is my hero


My mom is my hero
Her strength is strong
Her love is constant
and it binds our family
She is beautiful
I want to be just like her
I want my girls to be just like her
My kids learn from her
My kids adore her
She is my mom
and I owe her so much
for the way she raised me
and the example she is for me

I love you mom! You are a hero to so many and I want you to know how much you mean to me. These past months have been rough and the trial of knowing my mom had cancer was by far the hardest thing I have had to deal with in my life to date. You never stopped fighting and you never stopped caring about all of us even though your body was so weak and sick. Looking back on those months of chemo and how weak you were brings so many raw emotions back, but we made it through. I wish I could have been there everyday to take care of you and do more for you. I never doubted you and your strength but I wanted to be able to be a crutch for you to lean on. But, you were my crutch instead. I love you mom and thank Heavenly Father daily for giving me more time to learn from you and share with you. But more importantly for the time my kids will have with you, that was the thing I was most worried for...I wanted my kids to know you and have many memories with you so they knew for themselves what an amazing woman you are and your testimony of the gospel and so they could feel the love you have for them. Thank you for that love, I feel that where I fall short as a mom their Grandma Jill fills in all the gaps, a true blessing.

5 comments:

Bursell Family said...

Thanks a lot for making me cry already today. These are my same feelings. Mom is so awesome. Mother's day was a pretty emotional day. I just couldn't feel more grateful to be a mom, but most importantly to be with our mom. A special day for sure.

diane said...

I love you comments, Heather, the too brought tears to my eyes. Your Mom is one of my Heros also. She is a great example for all of us to follow. Love, Aunt Diane

Anonymous said...

Thanks so much Heather. I am truly blessed with a great family who cares so much! I love all of you so very much. I thank my Heavenly father each day for my wonderful family. I love you! Thanks again.
Love Mom

Tiffany said...

That was awesome Heather!! She is my hero and she is an amazing aunt!! She is so strong and had the best attitude through the whole thing!! We are all so blessed to have her in our family!!

Travis and Nikki said...

Wow Heather I am sorry to hear about your mom. She does look beautiful. You are in my thoughts and prayers. You are an example to me. Thank you.