

My kids have learned so much in preschool. The other day I heard the kids repeating the Pledge of Allegiance while playing together. I was shocked! Then later that day Casey ran into the office and asked, "Mom, is there a name of Frankwin D Roosveld?" It took me a sec to figure out what he was talking about but then realized he was saying Franklin D Roosevelt. The have also learned about George Washington, Abraham Lincoln, Thomas Jefferson and Barrack Obama. They know which President is on which coin as well a little fact beind them. Like George Washington was the very first President and that he lost his teeth?(not so sure that I was ever taught that??)I am so impressed with my little kids. Today they learned sign language for the rainbow and all the colors in the rainbow. It has been really helpful that they are learning the same things together so they can talk about what they learned and help eachother remember. It is so fun to see them grow and learn new things(and I am re-learning things already!) I thought that would happen maybe when they got to Middle School, but now its already starting and we are only in pre-school.
Another note. My little baby is already 2 months old!
She is still a good baby and we are loving her to pieces. She loves to smile and tell us stories and sing songs to us. She is a trong little things and holds her head up so well and loves her tummy time(well for a few minutes at a time anyway! I love rocking her to sleep and she seems to enjoy that as well. She always wakes up when I lay her in her bed, but if I put my hand on her chest for a few minutes she will settle right down and her little hand usually finds a place to grasp mine while she falls back asleep. She spends most of her day sitting on my lap or laying on the floor next to me. She loves loves loves her brother and sister and if she is crying they can just walk over to her and she will stop. They love seeing her sit up in her high chair and they are loving watching her grow. Speaking of growing, she already weighs 13 lbs 1 oz and is 23 inches long. Hannah did not like that her baby sister was going to get shots, she almost fainted on me when we walked into the room that they administer them. I didn't know how I was going to make it out to the car with all three if she did. Luckily we made it to the car and she slept the entire way home.
The kids are always anxious for daddy to come home, and I can get them to do quite a bit during the day if I warn them if it doesn't get done they won't get to play downstairs with dad until its done. I am so blessed that my husband is such a great daddy. He is never too tired for them and always waits until they are ready for bed before he sits down to watch TV or read a book, he always clears the table after dinner and takes Aspen as soon as he walks in the door so I can finish getting dinner ready, even if she is screaming. So, back to the playing downstairs thing. This is what happened the other night:
A big goose ache on little miss Hannah's head. Thank goodness it was fine by the next morning, but I have to say I have never seen such a big bump on a little girl's head. They were riding their bikes downstairs and she was going a bit fast and she did not put her helmet on and she put her head to the side as she was roudning a corner and WHACK she hit it on a 2X4 post. Of course she was downstairs the next night doing the same thing, but now with her helmet on!
And here are some random pics of the last few weeks:
Aspen with Great Grandma and Grandpa Welling
4 Generation Picture
One more story I have to post. We recieved a wedding announcement for one of my cousins and so the kids started talking about weddings and getting married. They asked how they will find their "honey" and who they will marry. Hannah said, "I already found a boy. He is Tyson and he is my friend." Bart and I got a good laugh and I have to say I have seen little Tyson and he is a cute little guy. He is in her preschool class and she informs me everyday about him and they "always share their colors with eachother." They also like to exchange cute little glances and waves, it's pretty darn cute.
Wednesday, January 28, 2009
Smarty Pants and Updates
Posted by The LaMont Family at 11:57 AM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
3 comments:
I'm so glad you updated! I feel like I haven't seen you forever! I loved your stories about the kids and Aspen is just getting so big! It's crazy! Love ya!!
Aspen is getting so big. She just looks older and older everytime I see her. Hannah's poor head looks so sore! The poor thing. Glad she is feeling better. You are looking great! I love all your cute pictures!
Way cute background by the way!
Post a Comment