Thursday, July 31, 2008

Makes it all worth it...

So, I just finished making my two little kids lunch...a simple grilled cheese and ham sandwich with grapes and chips...and as I am walking by, sweet miss Hannah says to me, "thanks mommy for making this yummy food for me." Casey piped in immediately repeating the same words. Most of the time the things you do seem to go unnoticed as a mom, but hearing that come from your kids sure make it all worth it.

I guess while I am posting, I will add the pictures from last nights new little friend Bart found stuck in our garage:



This last one is Bart teasing the kids that he was going to eat the beatle...

On a sad note...we lost two pets this week. We received a phone call from Bart's brother Drew while we were in Montana, that when he came to check on the turkeys and Coco our lab, he found Coco dead. It was only 24 hours from the time we left our house the day before and her food and water were still full. The only thing we can think that happenend to her is that she got heartworm or a snake bite. I am preferring to think it was heartworm and not that there is some rattlesnake roaming behind our house. She was such a great dog and I loved her so much. I cried most of the way home from Montana. We will sure miss her!

And...we are having Thanksgiving dinner today...yep, one of Casey's(really Bart's!!) turkeys died on Monday. Of course the favorite. Bart would spend a good hour every night just finding grasshoppers for them to eat since they loved them so much(I know its really gross to think that I am going to eat a turkey tonight that a good part of his diet was grasshoppers...yuck!!..it does smell really good though!) I called Bart the Father Hen since they would just stay right behind him whenever he was out with them.

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Heather, I am sorry to hear about your loss. That is too bad about your lab, its hard to loose a family pet, so how was Thanksgiving? Talk to you later, Uncle Mikal

Susan and Nicole said...

Hey Heather this is Aunt Susan and Nicole, just wanted to let you know that we started a blog, its SusanandNicoleLake.blogspot.com

Anonymous said...

Tell the kids that the picture of them and Bart and the turkeys is so dang cute. love love it!!

Bursell Family said...

Hannah and Casey are so sweet. That is very very cute. I am so excited they are staying with mom for a couple days.

Melani said...

I'm so sorry about your pets! They're just like family, so my heart is broken for you. ... Although thinking about eating a turkey that you knew and loved kinda freaks me out. (I've been away from Wyoming too long. I'm starting to be a weeny.) Oh, Congrats on the new baby! How exciting! Your such a good mommy, and your kids are beautiful, so keep making more. :)