So my dear sister tagged me and I figured since I am on a roll, might as well post it now. So here are six quirks that I really don't care people to know about me, but oh well!!
1) I have to have my kitchen clean before I start to cook. If its not, then I either clean it while I start cooking or before I start. I know I am just going to make it messy again by cooking, but oh well. If there are any dirty dishes in the sink or on the cupboards they must be put in the dishwasher before we sit down to eat. I have been known to wash most of the pans and things I cook with before we even sit down to eat. So after we are done eating all I have to clean up are the dishes we used.
2) I hate leaving my house to go anywhere if my house isn't tidy. I am pretty sure I get this from my mom, since she would always have us clean the house before we left and if she ever went anywhere and she came home and it wasn't clean, she wasn't in a good mood. I am the exact same way.
3) I can't put a good book down. For example, a couple weeks ago my mom gave me the book, "Letters for Emily" on Saturday and by Sunday afternoon I had read all 207 pages, and yes I did go to church but that was pretty much all I did the rest of the day. The worst was when I started reading the Kindgom and the Crown series by Gerald Lund last year and finished all three books that were all over 600 pages in a week. Very bad...I am pretty sure I neglected eveything else that week.
4) I have to have my feet cold, especially when I sleep. I sleep with my feet poking out of the blankets. If they get too warm they start throbbing. I remember many nights waking up and crying in my parents' room because my feet were hot. I would have to wrap them in cool wash clothes to cool them down. No question about this...I inherited it from my dad.
5)I much prefer drinking out of glass cups than plastic. I actually didn't have any plastic cups in our house until about a week ago when I finally bought my kids some plastic cups. So once my kids were too old to drink out of sippy cups they went right to glass cups...so at about 1 1/2 to 2 years of age. I think this one was a learned thing. My aunt Janet, who I looked up to when I was younger and still do, only had glass cups in her cupboards and I am pretty sure she prefers to drink out of glass over plastic. I guess I just wanted to be like her and it has stuck with me through the years.
6) I have to use a clean towel after I shower. I can't even use the same towel I used the day before, even if I know I was the only one that used it. I know this makes for alot more laundry, but I am willing to do the extra work for it. The exception is when I am at my parents and I know if we all used a clean towel, my mom would have to do a load of towels everyday just to keep up with us all.
Well that's all I am sharing. And now you all know even more about me than you probably cared to know!
Thursday, May 8, 2008
Yet-another tag...my quirks!
Posted by The LaMont Family at 9:15 AM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
4 comments:
These were fun to read. I'm with you on the first two. Kitchen HAS to be clean before anything can be done in it. And, the house needs to be picked up before leaving.
I am the exact same way in some things, i have to have a clean house before going anywhere even if its to get the mail!!! I have to have my feet cold as well especially when i sleep i can't sleep if they are warm, and drinking out of plastic cups for me makes me gag i hate it i will do it if thats all there is but if there is glass i will use that. the only time i am okay with drinking out of plastic is when its a bottle of water!!!
It would be nice if my wife liked cold feet. Maybe she wouldn't try to warm them up on me.
I hear ya with the plastic cup thing. Other than that, I'd say you're pretty quirky!
So I had to laugh when I read this! I don't mind having the kitchen clean before I cook, but I hate leaving dishes in the sink too long. I also hate having hot feet at night! I stick my feet out of the blanket at night when I sleep too! That just makes me laugh.
Post a Comment